Call for Awards Nominations
Each year, PA Museums recognizes the special achievements of museums and historical organizations in Pennsylvania. This is your invitation to submit a nomination for a project, process, or individual that you know is exemplary.
A PA Museums Special Achievement Award distinguishes your organization by:
• Serving as public recognition of staff or volunteers, and providing an incentive to continue developing new and exciting projects;
• Encouraging your staff to establish and maintain standards of excellence in your institution;
• Providing a vehicle to promote your institution through media news releases, and membership and fundraising campaigns;
• Reinforcing your case for the quality of your programs in grant or sponsorship proposals; and
• Publicly honoring awardees before peers and invited guests at a special awards ceremony during PA Museums’ statewide conference.
The deadline for submitting nominations is November 1, 2019. Email nominations to Chrisoula Randas Perdziola, Programming Specialist.
Winners will be notified by Friday, December 6, 2019. Formal recognition will be given on the PA Museums’ website, in Tapestry, and at an awards ceremony at our annual conference in Pittsburgh, PA on April 19-21, 2020. Nominees should plan to attend or have institutional representation to receive recognition at our awards ceremony on April 20.
Winners are encouraged to invite staff, board members, their members of the Pennsylvania General Assembly, civic leaders from their community, and their local press representative to attend the awards ceremony.
Please email questions to Chrisoula Randas Perdziola, Programming Specialist.