Graduate School Archival Education Scholarship (2019-2020)
To provide financial assistance to a student in the MARAC region and to promote the study of archival administration.
One-time $1000 award for the 2019-2020 school year (to be awarded for the spring 2020 semester). The award will be paid directly to the educational institution. The Graduate awards also come with a $20 student-level MARAC membership, for a total award value of $1,020.
Two awards are available for the 2019-2020 cycle.
In order to be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must be:
- a resident or full-time student residing in one of the following states: Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia, and in the District of Columbia.
- currently enrolled or accepted into a graduate program in archival studies or archives related program such as history or information studies.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com and due October 31, 2019 and must include the following documents:
- Current resume including:
- Current Address
- Education (undergraduate and graduate); anticipated graduation date
- Relevant (archives related) employment/volunteer/internship experience
- Honors, scholarships, or awards received
- Memberships in professional organizations
- Essay of no more than 500 words outlining the applicant’s interests and future goals in archival administration and how the scholarship would help you meet them
- One letter of recommendation (sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Documentation of “good standing” with the educational institution (may be a letter or official transcript)
The scholarship recipient is required to submit a brief article to be included in the next issue of the Mid-Atlantic Archivist Newsletter following the award.